there is currently only one virtual host set up, for the site i'm
working on. I do not need anything to happen with the other url. my
django files are in a folder at the same level as the root folder of
the site.

i simply need a virtual host for www.website.net that sits at /home/
site1/ on my server that has a django directory at /home/site1/mysite
to work.  the django files themselves at  /mysite work just fine, and
were working before i attempted to set up the virtual host. and
www.website.net was working just fine as well with the way the
<Location *>'s are currently set up, before the virtual host stuff was
added.

i figure i'm missing something before the first <Location> that is
causing the issue of the directory for the django apps not to be read.
I do not want to set them up in the public_html directory as that is
the main site directory, which if per chance i need to give someone
access to that... i don't want them in the django directories at all.

the server itself is a virtual server from godaddy running red hat 7
w/ apache and mod_python.

I was looking at a few pages and they mention DocumentRoot... should
this be to /home/site1 or to the project files?

how does PythonInterpreter need to be applied?