Go through all the Apache configuration files and find all mentions of
NameVirtualHost, Listen and SetHandler directives. Post what they are
here. If SetHandler is inside of a Location/Directory container, post
what that container directive is declared as. In turn, if they are
inside of VirtualHost, post what that container directive is as well.
Show the order of all relative to each other.

In other words, triple check that there are not multiple
NameVirtualHost directives, or a SetHandler directive at global server
level which is disabling mod_python inside of VirtualHost. Duplicate
NameVirtualHost directives is only thing I can think of that could be
an issue.

BTW, do you have an images directory in the carclubhub DocumentRoot.
Ie., should it be found by the browser?

Graham