I have the contrib.auth app installed, and in order for its tests to
pass, I have to define certain registration templates. When defining
those templates, if I use the url tag / reverse to point to a view
outside the auths app, the auth tests fail.

This occurs because the auth tests use a custom urlconf and have no
knowledge of views elsewhere in the project -- on one hand, this makes
sense since the auth app shouldn't be expected to know about the URLs
in the project it's included in.

On the other hand, the auth app invites us to write its own template
-- and it seems reasonable that the template used for a login page
might also have a link to another page in the app. For example, my
registration templates extend a base template that has a nav bar
pointing to views in other apps.

Any ideas on how to work around this?

-- Andrew