On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Andrew Fong <fongand...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Figured this out somewhat: To get around this, you can do something
> like this when referencing external apps in auth templates:
>
> {% url project.other_app.views.other_view as view %}
>
> This won't raise an error if that reference doesn't work.
>
> Still, this feels a bit hackish. I think brittle auth tests are
> something of a recurring theme here.

"Brittle" is perhaps a little extreme, but yes, there are issues. All
I can say in our defence is that the Django test suite passes for us,
and passes on a wide range of projects on which we use Django.

However, there are use cases that we don't exercise - which leads to
reports like yours. If you open a ticket describing the problem you
are having (and, in this case, the workaround for people that
experience the same problem), we can look at addressing this in the
future.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)