On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Graham
Dumpleton<graham.dumple...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 10, 6:07 am, Jumpfroggy <rocketmonk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm hosting a bunch of django apps on a shared host with 80MB of
>> application memory (Webfaction in this case).  I've got a bunch of
>> apps that are very infrequently used, but need to be online.  I've
>> already changed the httpd.conf:

I just went though this process on Webfaction as well, so here is my
apache conf, it might help

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule wsgi_module modules/mod_wsgi.so
LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
KeepAlive Off
Timeout 300
ServerLimit 1
StartServers 1
MaxClients 25
MinSpareThreads 2
MaxSpareThreads 4
ThreadsPerChild 25
MaxRequestsPerChild 5000

WSGIPythonOptimize 1

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName demo.digitalxero.net
    DocumentRoot /home/digitalxero/webapps/wsgi/demo
    WSGIDaemonProcess demo.digitalxero.net threads=5
maximum-requests=10000 inactivity-timeout=3600
display-name=wsgi:demo_site
    WSGIScriptAlias / /home/digitalxero/webapps/wsgi/demo/django.wsgi
    ErrorLog /home/digitalxero/webapps/wsgi/demo/error.log
</VirtualHost>

> Replace use of mod_python with mod_wsgi. Ensure you use prefork MPM

Why prefork, in my testing I found that the worker MPM used less
memory in the long run, it uses a little bit more during idle time,
but scales better