On 2022-08-31 10:04, Curtis Maurand wrote:

I’ve been running my own MTA for 15+ years. occasionally I get
bounced. recently was bounced by sbcglobal (AT&T) who doesn’t respond
to removal requests.  It’s definitely a PITA. However, in all
fairness, I was sending to a large group (25 or so)and that might have
done it.

It’s imperative that you have rdns, spf, dkim and dmarc set up and
that it all matches.

My MTA will reject you if your ptr doesn’t match your a record and
your helo/ehlo hostname.  spf, skim and dmarc are all scored via
spamassassin. Google rejects, outright, if there is any sort of
mismatch in any of that at all. Setting up dnssec for your domain is
also helpful.

DNG list traffic comes through just fine.

Cheers
—Curtis

I have also run afoul of sbcglobal (AT&T) for no apparent reason recently and also several other times over the years and yes, there seems to be no recourse to resolve it. A bit heavy handed but not unexpected from a corporate behemoth like ATT.

golinux