From:                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                Take active part in the Discussion Forum! In any language
Date sent:              Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:29:51 +0100

Dear all,

As you probably know already, the heads of state and givernment decided in
Nice to launch a wide-ranging public debate on the future of Europe. The
Swedish and the coming Belgian Presidency were together with us in the
Commission and the European Parliament asked to get this debate off to a
good and energetic start. This happened on March 7, when the two Prime
Ministers, President Prodi, Vice-President David Martin and Commissioner
Barnier met about 1.000 pupils in the European Schools in Brussels for a
very lively quetsion/answer session. The Debate will run until 2004.

At the same day we launched a new web site for the debate. It is called
FUTURUM and has the following address:    http://europa.eu.int/futurum

This web site has - among other interesting information - also an
interactive - DISCUSSION FORUM. Started by contributions from Prime Minister
Göran Persson, Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt, President Romano Prodi and
Commissioner Michel Barnier. Since then we have over two weeks had 144.00
visitors to the site. We will change topics for the discussion at regular
intervals

I write to you to ask three things:

1) take active part in the debate on the Discussion Forum yourself

2) do you want to get by e-mail every week our short resumé of the debate in
the Discussion Forum? If yes, please send me an e-mail

3) please, do what you can to promote the debate - and in particular the
Discussion Forum. And I will be grateful for ideas on how to promote it more
in traditional AND untraditional ways. The purpose is to have as many
participants from all member states and all candidate countries as possible.

Best greetings from the "Debate on the Future of Europe" team in Brussels,

Niels Jørgen Thøgersen

Niels Jørgen Thøgersen
European Commission
Secretariat-General / "Dialogue on Europe"
C-80 06/34, 200 rue de la Loi, B-1049 Bruxelles
Tel. +32-2-299 9099, Fax. +32-2-299 9207
SMS +32-498-99 90 99
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Take part in the big debate on the Future of Europe.  Start here :
http://europa.eu.int/futurum

Niels Jørgen Thøgersen
European Commission
Secretariat-General / "Dialogue on Europe"
C-80 06/34, 200 rue de la Loi, B-1049 Bruxelles
Tel. +32-2-299 9099, Fax. +32-2-299 9207
SMS +32-498-99 90 99
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Take part in the big debate on the Future of Europe.  Start here :
http://europa.eu.int/futurum

^               ^               ^                ^
Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To unsubscribe instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***