Date sent:              Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:57:39 +0200 (MET DST)
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From:                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                Easter links from Gotzespace

Easter. Time off. A time to catch up with a few things webwise. I've
redesigned several of my sites, among them Gotzelinked
(http://www.links.gotzespace.dk), as Gotzespace Webmasters Links is
now called.

With the redesign, I've joined the Browser Upgrade Campaign that WASP
runs. Consequently, visitors with an old browser, such as Netscape
4.5 or something, will get an unstyled, boring page, whereas people
with modern browsers (MSIE5+, NS6, Opera, or a few others) will get a
nicer, well, styled, page.

The new design in Gotzespace uses webstandards, not browserstandards,
as I write in my column at http://SlashDemocracy.org. CSS2 and well-
formed XML, well XHTML, are some of the standards that I now use.
Those interesed in these thiings will find many of the recent
Gotzelinks interesting.

Do let me know what you think of the redesign or anything else.

Cheers,
John Gotze
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gotzeblogged: http://www.gotzespace.dk
Gotzelinked: http://www.links.gotzespace.dk

     CSS 2 tests (added: 14-Apr-2001) A very useful quick
compatibility table, as well as info about CSS2 selectors and
declarations. http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/css2tests/

     SelectORacle (added: 14-Apr-2001) English translations of CSS2
selectors Ever wondered what a particularly complex CSS2 selector
really means? Here's your chance to find out! Best of all, the
SelectORacle will flag potential errors and other problems, and it
won't choke on any actual rules.
http://gallery.theopalgroup.com/selectoracle/

     A Web Designer's Journey (added: 14-Apr-2001) Zeldman does away
with tables: "A CSS REDESIGN IN FIVE EASY PAGES" - "There are
journeys
that touch the deepest core of the human spirit. And then there is
this one. This is a journey from six years of conventional web design
practice to the way we'll build sites in the future. Only it's not set
in the future. You're soaking in it."
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/journey/

     Agitprop (added: 14-Apr-2001) Todd Fahrner's Agitprop is an
experimental space featuring items of interest to Web developers,
particularly with regard to typographical design support.
http://style.cleverchimp.com/

     CSS Layout Techniques: for Fun and Profit (added: 13-Apr-2001)
Look Ma, No Tables. http://glish.com/css/home.asp

     HTML to XML file converter (added: 13-Apr-2001) This web page
converts a HTML file to a XML file using the Document Object Model of
Internet Explorer 5.0 and Netscape 6.0.
http://www.pbwizard.com/Standards/HTML/HTMLtoXML.htm

     KUMO : the W3 PROGRAMMING WEBLOG (added: 13-Apr-2001) a weblog
concerned with programming for the world wide web. Related topics
(mathematics, graphic design, usability, sound design, etc.) are
considered as well. Kumo is the Romaji for the Japanese word for
"cloud". http://www.lophty.com/kumo/

     CSS værdier og relationer (added: 13-Apr-2001) IN DANISH. Liste
over værdier i css og deres relation.
http://www.kandu.dk/dk/kurser/css/refattrib.asp

     SitePoint.com (added: 13-Apr-2001) is an integrated network of
information resource sites aimed at serving the broader needs of
Internet users by offering a central location for everything
pertaining to building, profiting and promoting a Web site.
http://www.sitepoint.com/

     HTML UTOPIA - Designing without tables (added: 13-Apr-2001)
SitePoint discusses tableless pages. Check the redesign example!
http://www.webmasterbase.com/article.php?aid=379

     Box Lesson (added: 13-Apr-2001) <b>This page has no tables.</b>
But, it has tables ...
http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/index.html

     The Dao of Web Design (added: 13-Apr-2001) Zeldman gets
philosofical: "What I sense is a real tension between the web as we
know it, and the web as it would be. It's the tension between an
existing medium, the printed page, and its child, the web."
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/dao/dao_1.html

     XML Hype Down But Not Out In New York (added: 13-Apr-2001) Edd
Dumbill on the XML DevCon 2001 conference in New York City: "XML is no
longer the pure, world-uniting force for openness we all believed it
to be a few years ago. Its very success, and the consequent influx of
dollars, has changed the nature of the information ...".
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/04/11/xmldevcon.html

     XML-RPC Services (added: 13-Apr-2001) Dave Winer's list of public
Web Services and specs that build on XML-RPC.
http://www.xmlrpc.com/directory/1568/services

     Watch Out for This HailStorm (added: 13-Apr-2001) Jane Black in
BusinessWeek: "Microsoft's new approach to centralizing consumers'
personal data has plenty of folks worried, for good reason"
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/apr2001/nf20010412_657.htm

     Referensböcker - XHTML (added: 13-Apr-2001) Introduktion till
XHTML - "Från SGML via HTML och XML till XHTML". Om välformulerade
HTML-dokument. Om konvertering av HTML- dokument till XHTML-dokument.
Om anpassning av XHTMl- dokument till dagens www-läsare. Exempel på
XHTML-dokument. Om XHTMLs framtid, Modulisering, SVG
http://www.algonet.se/~eva/ref/xhtml/index.html

     Modularization of XHTML (added: 13-Apr-2001) W3C Recommendation
10 April 2001. The modularization of XHTML refers to the task of
specifying well-defined sets of XHTML elements that can be combined
and extended by document authors, document type architects, other XML
standards specifications, and application and product designers to
make it economically feasible for content developers to deliver
content on a greater number and diversity of platforms.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/

     Internet Critic Takes on Microsoft (added: 13-Apr-2001) The SOAP
Soap: Dave Winer is sounding the alarm about Microsoft, which he says
is trying to contort network software standards in an effort to
dominate the future direction of the Internet.
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/09/technology/09HAIL.html

     Top 10 Interview Questions When Hiring XML Developers [Apr. 11,
2001] (added: 13-Apr-2001) >From xml.com
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/04/11/10questions.html

     The Jefferson Muzzles (added: 13-Apr-2001) The Thomas Jefferson
Center for the Protection of Free Expression celebrates the birth of
its namesake by calling attention to some of the most egregious or
ridiculous affronts to free expression that occurred in the past year.
http://www.tjcenter.org/muzzles.html

     Request from EFC for help with China and Internet censorship
(added: 13-Apr-2001) David Jones and Electronic Frontier Canada on
online liberty and rights to the Internet in China.
http://www.politechbot.com/p-01915.html

     Browser Upgrades (added: 13-Apr-2001) The Web Standards Project
(WaSP), a grassroots coalition fighting for standards on the Web, has
started a Browser Upgrade initiative aimed at encouraging developers
to use W3C standards even if the resulting sites fail (or look less
than optimal) in old, non-standards-compliant web browsers.
http://www.webstandards.org/upgrade/

     W3Schools Online Web Tutorials (added: 13-Apr-2001) "Our mission
is to develop well organized and easy to understand online Web
tutorials based on W3C Web standards." http://www.w3schools.com/

     XHTML 1.1 - Module-based XHTML (added: 13-Apr-2001) W3C has made
XHTML 1.1 a Proposed Recommendation on 6 April 2001
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/

   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

^               ^               ^                ^
Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To unsubscribe instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***