jonathon wrote:
> On 29/04/15 17:09, Keith N. McKenna wrote:

Jonathon;
>> We have a tracking document that is supposed to be used so all members of
>> the team know where things are and what is needed but it rarely gets used.
>
> I'd suggest the tracking document is rarely used, because nobody is
> creating documentation.

Not entirely true. Work has been on certain pieces of the documentation
but the status document has never been updated, and no mention of the
work having been done ever came to the list.
>> do we really want to have the documentation done "in house"; and if we do is
>> the process we started 2+ years ago still the correct way to go?
>
> How much do you know about documentation, when the project was under the
> auspices of Sun, and later Oracle?

I know a fair amount about how the documentation was done then.
> That history has a lot to do with the lack of documentation for Apache
> OpenOffice today.

The former process may have some bearing on the problem, but more recent
history also has a great deal to do with it.

Regards
Keith