On 8/9/2017 7:17 PM, Steve Stepan Kehayan wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I've been writing and editing reports, documents, articles and publications
> for the last 25 years. I’m originally from Singapore but I’ve been living and
> working in Europe and Asia for the last 20 years. I’ve just relocated with my
> family to California and would like to do volunteer my time to gain
> experience in technical writing and to learn more about the software
> industry. I have a PhD in Applied Linguistics and a strong background in
> authoring and editing complex documents. I’m confident that I’ll be able to
> hone my skills in authoring, reviewing and editing draft documents for you.
> I’m familiar with the AP and Chicago Writing Styles but I’ll be able to adopt
> your house style if you have one. Though I have little knowledge of
> OpenOffice, I’m a keen and quick learner.
>

> Please get back to me if there is a opportunity for me to contribute.
>
> Thank you.
> Best wishes,
>
> Annette

Annette;

As you have probably noticed this mailing list is very inactive.
Currently our User Guide effort is is housed on our Media Wiki (mwiki)
at the following
url:https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide. There is a
status document at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Status that
shows the current status of effort.
Please understand that the project does not have the resources to mentor
contributors in the intricacies of the discipline of Technical Writing.
You need to be a self starter that can see what needs to be done and
then go do it. If you have questions this is the place to ask them. It
is also the place to let people know what you are doing and what your
progress is.

The following links will give you a broad overview of the effort and
the minimal style requirements.

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Contribute
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Help_Style_Guide
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Styles#Styles_used_in_the_Documentation_Project_Wiki
The following link is an indispensable reference on the style used on
the documentation wiki and a reference of the many different shortcut
templates that are used for such things as notes, warnings, etc.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy

Regards
Keith