Hello Narayan,

Op 3/12/2010 16:23, Narayan Aras schreef:
Hi all,

I do not know if this is the right forum (and the right time) to put this idea,
but why are we circulating odt/pdf files for proofreading?

I have written a 380-page user manual in odt; and also written several help
docs in wiki format.
The difference was odt writing was a single-author effort, but wiki was
supposed to be collaborative.

Besides, mediawiki has extension that can  export to odt/pdf any time and make
it available for offline reading or printing.

See the example here: http://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer
At the time of starting the wiki, I already had written most of the manual in
odt format.
So I saved the individual chapters in mediawiki format, and pasted them in the
wiki pages.
I had to upload all figures separately and link them. But on the whole the
experience was smooth.

Wiki also eliminates the proofreading effort, as the others can directly edit
the original effort.

Just my two cents.

Regards,
Narayan

Isn't it a good idea to use LibO to describe how to use it? ;-)
I have been translating OOo guides and learned a lot about the software by using it.

Best regards

--
Leo Moons
LibreOffice