On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 1:26 PM, David Nelson <comme...@traduction.biz>wrote:

> Hi, :-)
>
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 02:44, Barbara Duprey <b...@onr.com> wrote:
> > I'm on Windows 7, David. There are probably going to be a large number of
> > graphics replacements needed -- even beyond the OOo refs, there appear to
> be
> > significant differences in icons, and so on. Gonna be fun, huh?
>
> It sounds like a major rework of all the graphic content in all the
> docs is going to be an upcoming task... Most of the screenshots will
> have to be taken on Linux (obviously, there will be a certain number
> needed for Mac and Windows).

Fortunately, many of the screenshots are already from Linux (usually
Ubuntu), and many others are o/s neutral (for example, bits of a spreadsheet
that don't show the window decoration), but yes there are quite a few
clearly from Windows -- though old WinXP pix look to me more like Ubuntu
than WinVista or Win7.

When I am retaking pix for other reasons, I'm taking them on Ubuntu, but I
haven't been retaking all the pix just to get them out of Windows.

Do we have a requirement to get rid of all the Windows pix in the Writer
Guide before publishing the first edition?

The Getting Started book certainly hasn't had all the Windows pix replaced.

Hal