On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 10:57 +1000, Lana Brindley wrote:

> Tags and categories can complement each other. No need to use one over
> the other.

Is one or the other preferred for particular purposes? Or is it more
that individual readers might prefer, or be more accustomed to using,
one or the other? Which would be better for us to use on the blog? Or
should we use both, to appeal to both user groups?

My ignorance on this subject is so great that I have difficulty even
asking an intelligent question! If anyone has a pointer to an
explanation somewhere, that might help.