You might also look at some of the files in the English > Resources
space, which includes (among other things) 4 draft chapters of the
Contributors' Guide for the LibreOffice Documentation Team:
* Joining the LibreOffice Documentation Team
* Producing LibreOffice User Guides
* Style Guide for LibreOffice User Guides
* Using LibreOffice's Alfresco Website

These documents, and the published versions of the user guides that
have already been rebranded (and where necessary) amended for LibO are
also available on the wiki:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development

If you are going to work on reorganising the Getting Started book, I
suggest putting your changed version into Getting Started > Drafts on
Alfresco, so as not to overwrite the current published version, since
the group has not yet agreed to my proposed changes. BTW, I have some
other notes about things I think should be changed on a less dramatic
scale, if you'd like to have them. You may well have even better ideas
than I do.

--Jean