Hi Robert,

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpj...@crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>  after a quick perusal of the last few days of posts on this list, i
> just want to make sure i'm starting off the right way in reviewing the
> current docs and noting content that could be updated.
>
>  as i read it, with my brand new alfresco account, i can go here:
>
>  http://alfresco.libreoffice.org/
>
> log in, then go to
>
>  Company Home -> English Content -> Documentation
>
> and select, say, the "Getting Started Guide."  i can see that the
> various chapters of that guide are individual .odt files so once i got
> confident, i could check one out, make changes, then check it back in
> (not prepared to do that just yet).

Yes, that's the way.

>  for example, say i was perusing the "SettingUpLibreOffice" chapter,
> where i notice a couple of things:
>
>  * a couple references to "LibraOffice" rather than "LibreOffice",
> which i assume are simple typoes

Yes, quite right.

>  * there's also a reference to the "Help formatting" option
> (allegedly under LibreOffice->General) which i simply don't see in my
> 3.4.1 writer session.

Jean already commented on possible differences between versions, so I
don't need to add more.

>  is that the sort of thing that one starts off doing -- just some
> simple fixes?  or have i misread something?  thanks.

Yes, this is already very useful contribution and a great way to get
started. Again, Jean already said things in reply to you, but
basically you're on the right track.

> p.s.  i also see a reference to "Enable systray quickstarter on Linux"
> but i don't see that anywhere in my linux session.  perhaps i just
> didn't look hard enough.

What Linux are you using? If you're on Ubuntu 11.04, the quickstarter
is not currently functioning under Unity. But, in any case, the
quickstarter needs to be activated first (Tools > Options >
LibreOffice > Memory > Enable systray QuickStarter) and then you need
to log-out and log back in to your session (or simply restart your
system). Only after that would you see it in the systray.

Any problems or questions you have with Alfresco, don't hesitate to
ask and I'll answer as quickly as possible.

A big thanks for working on docs. :-)

--
David Nelson