Here is the first paragraph:
In the mid-80s, the German student Marco Boerries, then 16 years old, was
living as an exchange student in Silicon Valley. He was so enthusiastic about
the tech scene that he began to develop office software (later known as
StarOffice (TM)). In 1986 he founded the Star Division company with
headquarters in Hamburg. It was bought in 1999 for $73.5 million by Sun
Microsystems. Star Office (TM) 5.1a was the first version of the software to be
published by Sun. The current version 9 Star Office (TM) appeared in November
2008. The OpenOffice.org project was founded 13.10.200 by Sun to develop this
leading international office suite, which runs on all major platforms and
provides access to functions and data through transparent interfaces and an
XML-based file format. It is based on of the source code for StarOffice (TM)
5.2 as well as technology that Sun has developed for future versions of
StarOffice TM. The source code is written in C++ and provides language-neutral
and scripting functionality, including Java-based APIs. These allow you to use
the suite either as separate applications or embedded into other applications.

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:39:37 +0100 (BST)
Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi :)
> The English version apparently wasn't written by a native English speaker.
> Obviously Star Office was bought BY Sun not "from" Sun.  Most people probably
> wouldn't notice little slips like that as the meaning was very clear due to
> the context.
> Regards from
> Tom :)

If any members of GCHQ are reading this, shame on you! I fought for your right
to belong to a trade union and now you are taking away my right to privacy.

H Russman