Hi.
I've uploaded chapter 7 to the Calc Drafts 4.0 folder here;
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/calc-guide/draft-lo4/chapter-7-formulas-and-functions/view

I have left a few comments in the chapter, one of which I need someone to answer. It concerns a statement about Excel which I'm unable to verify as I have no access to Excel, at least not later than the Win95 version :-) .

Peter, I see you intend to continue with the remainder of Calc. I did chapter 8 for v3.4. The Pivot table had not fully morphed over from DataPilot at that time so I don't think this will make a good stating point for v4.0. However, Martin Fox did the same chapter for v3.5, which was out when when we were doing the v3.4 docs and in that, Pivot table was fully functional. He put the chapter into the drafts 3.4 folder as there was no 3.5 folder. I've had a look around ODF but I can't see it anywhere. Hopefully Jean may have access to a copy, as ODF has gone through some changes since the file was uploaded. You can see his email to docs, dated 17 May 2012, on Nabble for reference. Searching 'Calc chapter 8' will find it.

Jean, if there's nothing else you want me to look at, I'll return to the Writer guide. I'll hang on for a few days, if I hear nothing then I will update my system to v4.1 and get started.

Regards
JohnS