Hi Peter,

> When i bring up my version of LibreBase the menus are somewhat different
> to those in the documentation. I was unable to find the forms options
> described.  I downloaded my copy from the ubuntu repository.  It says it
> is libreoffice-base 1:4.2.6.3-0ubuntu1. There are a whole heap of
> optional extras which I did not download initially.

Base hasn't been changed since the start of LO with LO 3.3. There aren't
any extras installed for the forms.

In the first versions all Toolbars for forms where shown automatically
when starting to create a form. They had also been closed afterwords. I
will have a look for the version where it had been changed. Could be
many peole see the screenshots and thin there are some extras.
Open a form for editing.
Go to
View → Toolbars → Form Controls
View → Toolbars → Form Design

Are these the "optional extras" you are missing?

Regards

Robert