Hi Martin,

On 15.09.2017 12:07, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the font used in the covers?
Liberation Sans
> For localization purposes I would need
> it. It seem as if Liberation Sans is used, but on macOS in Draw 5.4 the
> text is too wide and disrupts the intended design as I open it.
I can't speak for any Apple computers, but under Linux and Win XP - 10 I
cannot see any issue.

> In older designs some font was used that did not support wider codepages,
> like unicode, I hope you used one that does (or that a version of that font
> with all necessary codepages exists). Maybe you can upload that font to the
> site?
No, I used the Liberation Sans font that LibreOffice installs, and it
appears that Heiko Tietze used that same font in his official branding
files.

> Also, in the Cover design I propose you align the "LibreOffice
> Documentation Team" test to the left border of the upper "LibreOffice"
> design, now it is centered on the page, but the upper ribbon is actually
> not a full page-width space as the 6 with cubes takes its toll on the right
> side of the page.
Not under Linux or Windows. The alignment is as per previous guides.
> Also, the LibreOffice logo seems streched out horizontally when I open this
> file in Draw, that should probably not be done.
It has _*NOT*_ been stretched and I repeat my previous reply to Oliver's
comment:
"/There is only a uniform size reduction of the header items, as
illustrated here: http://tasit.net/files/NoStretch.png Both of the
header components are copied from Heiko Tietze official branding file
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#LibreOffice_6.0_series
and uniformly reduced in size for a balanced fit within the header area./"
If it has been stretched then we have a serious bug in Draw. As
previously stated:
"/I cannot detect any disproportionate stretching, but if anyone else
can please go ahead and make the required corrections./"

> Another question: now the title of GS is: Getting Started Guide and
> LibreOffice 6 is just a logo setup. Shouldn't this be a part of the title,
> like
> Getting Started With LibreOffice 6.0?
I simply followed what was done for the 3, 4 and 5 editions of the
guide. I will leave it up to the documentation team to decide otherwise.

> I am attaching the pdf
Attachments are removed from posts to this list and if you read my
signature line you will realize your message to the noreply@ address
never reached me.

> directly made of the posted fodg file

Ah! This is the first, last and only time I will ever make anything
available in fodg format. I don't see any use for this format and I do
_*NOT*_ wish anyone to explain it's intended advantages and features to
me. I regularly create/edit files in odg format and I have no issues
with that format.
For clarification here is a link to the pdf output from the odg file
under Linux and Windows:
http://www.tasit.net/files/LO6_GS_Guide_Covers_DCB_20170913.pdf

> - what I get
> on macOS in LO5.4. Is this a Letter/A4 thing? Or OS thing/font rendering
> issue?
The slide/page is A4, the same as all previous guides.

> Thanks, m.
Regards
Dave