HI Milos,

Thank you for taking the time to explain.  For editing Writer documentation, I needed to learn about Hunspell, so understand the issue you are facing.

To help me understand this better, I have some questions:

Is it correct that you want only the singular nominative form of nouns in the index?

What do you mean by "embedded" index entries?

It sounds like surrounding a word or phrase to save it creates a different result than inserting the cursor before or after the word or phrase. But what is the difference in what is saved?

The few times I have made an index entry by inserting the cursor before or after a word (with no space between) only that word appears in the index. Since we need to write the exact index entry in the index dialog, it is puzzling that Writer would still grab neighboring words. This seems like a bug. Do you know if it has been reported as a bug? Do we know for sure that it is still a problem?

I think it would be helpful to understand more about what is involved in translation. My understanding is that some language translators write their own documentation while others start with the English version. I don't have a clear sense of how that works. I tend to make a lot of changes, including sharpening text and rearranging content. However, I don't have a good sense of what this means for translators. To what extent does it matter if there are many as opposed to few changes for you?

Thank you for whatever clarification and information you can provide.

Cathy