I will not be joining today's meeting, but since my name still appears
in some of the proposed template's comments I will make some observations:

* Is there really any important reason to make major changes to the
existing 6.x template, or is this just change for the sake of change?

* I agree with Steve's comments below. In my view the mix of sans serif
and serif fonts used give the template a somewhat messy jumbled
appearance and adds nothing to the readability.

* Why are the guides (the software?) going to be given the title of
"Community Edition"? Did I miss the announcement about the commercial or
some other edition?

* My view is that unless there is some technical usability improvement
that can be made to the existing 6.x template, the 7.x template should
only include a few cosmetic changes in line with the software's PR
version number change.

My 2¢ worth.

Regards
Dave