I am not a translator, but as I understand it, Olivier proposed this
5th. character style mainly for the benefit of translators, see:
https://www.mail-archive.com/documentation@global.libreoffice.org/msg16009.html

While I have many other reservations about the guide documentation
template, I don't believe it will involve much additional effort.
Looking back through some recently published guides there appears to be
a mixed approach to the character style used for naming UI objects
(widgets), where some have the emphasis style and others have the
default style.

Dave