While I agreed with Peter's previous proposal for the 5th. character
style to be Liberation Mono regular, not emphasis (italic), I don't see
the need for any extended character styles.

The whole purpose of the Documentation Template is for all the guides to
have a consistent set of agreed styles and style naming we all use.
However, I have just been looking back through some recently published
guides, where there appears to be a number of additional character
styles invented "on the fly" and duplicated names added for identical
styles.

In light of the above, trying to reach any kind of consensus on a new
guide template is a totally futile exercise and I don't intend to make
any further comment on the subject.

Dave