Yes, it should have been EEClass::InitializeFieldDescs

Never mind my comment about encapsulation then :) I was thinking of
something else

-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion of the Rotor Shared Source CLI implementation
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Arild Fines
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 3:10 PM
To: DOTNET-ROTOR@DISCUSS.DEVELOP.COM
Subject: Re: [DOTNET-ROTOR] Getting an mdTypeDef for the type of a field

Discussion of the Rotor Shared Source CLI implementation wrote:
> You might need to handle ELEMENT_TYPE_STRING, ELEMENT_TYPE_OBJECT,
> ELEMENT_TYPE_SZARRAY, etc. Don't know what your intent is.

No need for that at the moment, ELEMENT_TYPE_CLASS will suffice. What
I'm doing only affects user-defined reference types.

> The best thing is to do whatever
> MethodTableBuilder::InitializeFieldDescs does.

Doxygen doesn't show a class named MethodTableBuilder, so I assume you
are referring to EEClass::InitializeFieldDescs.

> There are
> encapsulations for checking if a signature element refers to a
reference type, and
> you should use that instead of checking directly for
ELEMENT_TYPE_CLASS.

All I see in there is a big switch that looks like this:

        case ELEMENT_TYPE_STRING:
        case ELEMENT_TYPE_SZARRAY:      // single dim, zero
        case ELEMENT_TYPE_ARRAY:        // all other arrays
        case ELEMENT_TYPE_CLASS: // objectrefs
        case ELEMENT_TYPE_OBJECT:
        case ELEMENT_TYPE_VAR:

--
Arild

AnkhSVN: http://ankhsvn.tigris.org
Blog: http://ankhsvn.com/blog
IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/ankhsvn

"The problem in the world today is communication. Too much
communication." -- Homer Simpson