On Aug 1, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

I think the problem has to do with NSS. It probably failed with some
error, but since unfortunately getpwnam() interface doesn't support
reporting errors, Dovecot just assumed that the user didn't exist.

I can't think of why this would work any differently with Dovecot
v0.99.x.

I think you should rather get rid of userdb passwd and configure Dovecot
to use userdb ldap to connect directly to your AD.

Using / not using nscd might also help.

I think going to userdb ldap may be a great long term solution, however I'll need to setup an offline computer to configure and test it on before I could run it live.

Is there any way that I can just downgrade back to 0.99.x to see if this issue is in fact caused by a difference between the two versions? Will downgrading cause any known issues? If I could just get this working like it was before the upgrade to 1.0.2-2, I'd have enough time to setup and test userdb ldap.

Jeff Ramsey
MIS Administrator
TMI Forest Products, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]