On July 8, 2020 11:01:20 AM AKDT, Alexander Dalloz <ad+li...@uni-x.org> wrote:
>Am 08.07.2020 um 20:28 schrieb Kishore Potnuru:
>> Thank you for the reply.
>>
>> As per our current infrastructure, I can go maximum of the redhat 7.7
>> version. Not more than that. Am I able to install or upgrade to
>dovecot 2.3
>> version in redhat 7.7?

I am running Dovecot 2.2 "u" on CentOS from https://ius.io/. If there is a
package there for 2.3, it should be possible to upgrade on either CentOS or
RHEL.

I am still a little bit confused or concerned why mainstream packages seem to
be lagging so far behind on CentOS and RHEL since the sudden acquisition or
hostile corporate takeover of Red Hat by IBM.

Possibly a corporate labor-union work slowdown.  IBM is too big, too blue, and
too politically correct. Something is a little bit off. Too many echoes in the
hallways.

/Sorry for the rant.