At 09:25 30/09/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>Hey, Monty skipped this point, while I think it's a very interesting one
>!! Actually, It's one of the 3 reasons why I still have the Google bar
>(tip, if you don't know : cut'n paste text into Googlebar's textbox, click
>the highlight button, you're done, but quite tedious I recon). And if you
>want to know, the 2 other are : the "up one -or more- level" button, and
>the "search this site" button.
>
>So I agree this is a cool idea (if doable, as you said). I think you
>should file a request in SF on this one too.

I think it's hard, because DQSD doesn't know anything about what IE does
after DQSD submits a form.

We've not even managed to meet peoples' hopes about start-maximised, etc,
because of this problem about not knowing which IE window is related to the
recently submitted form.   And that's for a problem where knowing the
window handle would be pretty much all you needed.

I assume that the Google search bar manipulates the HTML within the
displayed page to add the tags for background colour - that kind of thing
is an awful lot easier to do it you're in-process in the IE window than if
you're out-of-process hosted by the shell.

Perhaps we need to produce a DQSD bar which runs within IE (or some other
IE add-in) which can communicate with the DQSD window on the taskbar for
information about required highlighting.

Just my tuppence worth.

Will