Hi all...

I hope somebody has a quick & easy answer to this.

I just got a new machine at work (yay!) and set about getting everything
installed/configured/setup/etc. (including, of course, DQSD).

I successfully transferred over my settings files and history file from the old
machine to the new, and everything was (nearly) fine... except, on this
machine, I was getting that annoying 'security warning' when booting up the
machine, and had to click through that nonsense before DQSD would actually
start.

So, I set out to fix this problem... and, in researching, found Monty's post
about simply installing the 4.0 release, which does something different and
works around this error.  (I had been running 3.1.9.2 and uninstalled that and
installed 4.0 RC3).

I was still getting those 'security' warnings, even with the 4.0 RC3 release,
so I did the registry hack to resolve it, and that seems to have done the
trick.

Now the issue is with the history -- at first I thought it hadn't picked it up,
but it has...  it's just that the up/down arrows (or Ctrl-P/Ctrl-N) do not work
to scroll through the history.  As you might imagine, that significantly
impacts the usefulness of the application!  In the short term, I figured I
could just load up my old history file in notepad, and cut/paste stuff into
DQSD until I figured out the Up/Down not working --  no, Ctrl-V doesn't paste
into the entry box, either.  I basically have to type out whatever
search/function I want to use, every time I want to use it.  The coce seems to
be working correctly -- in that what I type is being appended to the
history.txt file, so I think it's just an issue with the keystrokes.   But what?

Any help would be most appreciated!

(As a side note -- why did I "upgrade to 4.0" to fix the 'security' thing, when
it didn't fix it anyway and I still had to do the registry hack?   I could have
done that under 3.1.9.2 and not lost all the rest of this functionality!)

Hardware:  Dell Optiplex GX520
OS:        WindowsXP SP2
IE:        6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.061030-0016
DQSD:      4.0 RC3  (previously 3.1.9.2)