I think that's probably pretty close to being accurate.  In fact, I
bet I could rewrite iptools as a "search" to keep in line with DQSD
convention.  iptools doesn't use anything special, really.

When I made it I didn't know any better *shrug*, but I think the
terminology is a little confusing.  iptools isn't a "search", really,
it's an "add-on" to a product that allows you to search websites.
Pedantic, I know, but that's what confused me at first and why I
headed down the path of an add-on. :)

Maybe the docs could be changed a little to describe the differences a
bit better?

I'd be happy to write a tutorial on how to write a "search", and then
extend it to show how you do not, in fact, need to "search" anything
with a "search" "add-on" ;)

-Steve.

>>> DQSD-Users@lists.sourceforge.net
>>> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=8601