On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 06:13:12PM +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 06:02:49PM +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
>store

>the
>supported
>That's
>okay, but

>there
>applications
>rendering

>on

>'Load

> > > I still don't understand: if that's broken, how does all the text I'm
> > > seeing work? Is that all rendered with a background color?
> >
> > More than likely - yes.
>
> But, then it could be a combination problem that involves a specific raster op
> with planemask and transparency. But adding NO_TRANSPARENCY does fix the
> problem (partly).

I've found the root of the problem: backing store was being initialized
before XAA.  This caused the backing store and XAA code to fight
resulting in the visual rendering errors that Ian (and others) saw.

The fix was to move the backing store initialization to after XAA is
intialized.  The same problem occurred on both the Rage 128 and Radeon.

I've checking in the changes to the DRI tree and will check them into
the XFree86 tree with my next set of fixes.  If you find other problems,
please post them here and I'll take a look.

Kevin