On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 06:35:41PM +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:26:39 -0800, Ian Romanick wrote:
> > > This looks like the XAA acceleration is to blame.
> > >
> > > If you add
> > >
> > >   Option "XaaNoCPUToScreenColorExpandFill"
> > >
> > > Then you get most of the text back, except for the menu bar. It seems
> > > that this function isn't honouring transparency information. So we could
> > > add NO_TRANSPARENCY to this or find out why it's not working right.
> >
> > I gave that a try on the texmem branch (pre-XFree merge), but it didn't
> > help.  Is this something that only exists post-merge?  I tried to update the
> > trunk and build, but it seems that you're in the process of commiting some
> > changes (I810XvMC.h barfs because Xlibint.h does not exist).  Could you
> > shoot me an e-mail when you're done?  I'll give it a try w/the trunk then.
>
> I'm already done.
>
> Xlibint.h exists in lib/Xv. What problem are you seeing ?

Okay.  It's there now, but it wasn't there when I sent the message.  I guess
you did shoot me an e-mail. :)

> As for the Option, it's an XAA option that's been there for quite some
> time.

Hrm...okay.  I guess I could have read the man page for XF86Config.  I put
it in the wrong section. :(  After moving it, I'm not sure if the X server
is taking it, though.  It doesn't change the result of my test, and the
"Indirect CPU to Screen color expansion" line still shows up in my log.

However, adding "XaaNoScanlineCPUToScreenColorExpandFill" does seem to fix
the problem WRT twm.  I'll have to try it out with the "real" app to see if
it's fixed there as well.

--
Smile!  http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap990315.html