Jonathan Thambidurai wrote:
http://www.tungstengraphics.com/dri/Simple_Xinerama_DH.txt

This solution provides Xinerama functionality without actually using the Xinerama wrapper.

Could you please point me to the code which needs to be worked on for
the above solution so that I know where to start?  Would I have to work
with Xlib and the OpenGL libraries or might the work be limited to the
drivers?

I believe you can implement this at the 2D DDX driver level. Getting the configuration file semantics worked out would probably be the first step. Then get the driver to read those semantics and initial the secondary display pipeline.

Have you worked with XFree86 DDX drivers before?

--
                               /\
         Jens Owen            /  \/\ _