> > Hmm.  These problems only arise because of the way the merge was done?  Why
> > not just document the right way to do the merge?

I'd agree with Keith the proper way to merge needs documenting, CVS vendor
import is what is needed, the XFree CVS is vendor imported into our DRI
tree, the changes from the last XFree merge are then merged onto the trunk
for files that we have changed...

I recently (with some help) manually cleaned up some Linux-VAX development
CVS trees that had been hand merged not using vendor stuff, it just takes
judicious use of the cvs admin -b command...

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person