On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Dave Airlie wrote:

> This branch has a merge in it, due to conflicts with the Intel drm tree
> you already pulled. I've asked Eric to not send you direct pulls, he
> mentioned you said he should, but it really screws over my tree. I don't
> mind direct pulls outside the merge window as it usually smaller bug
> fixes, but during the merge window the chances of it getting messy like
> this tree has become just increase.

Qutie frankly, I don't like how you always rebased patches, so I'd _much_
rather see direct pulls than the alternative. And I can handle most merge
issues, and will ask submaintainers to merge for me only if it gets really
complicated.

If this encourages people to keep DRI drivers more modular and
independent, that's all good.

                Linus