Hi Felix:

I wrote the Ubuntu install instructions and have confirmed with other
people that they work, if followed step by step.

If tomcat is running under the tomcat5 user, then you must have missed
step 8 (the second step 8; I wasn't able to figure out how to get
mediawiki to continue numbering, unfortunately).

Assuming that making those changes, stopping, and restarting tomcat5
service doesn't resolve the problem, It might help us help you if you
could send the results of the following commands

$ ps wuax | grep tomcat
$ ls -lR /var/lib/tomcat5
$ ls -lR /var/cache/tomcat5

Thanks,
Dan

On 11/07/07, Felix Mayerhofer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Dan Scott
Laurentian University