Hi,

     We are currently running a Production instance of DSpace 1.4.2 and
would like to find out what we would need to do in order to implement
encryption capabilities in DSpace?  We may only need to be able to
encrypt documents, however I'd like to hear from anyone who has
encrypted either documents and/or metadata in DSpace.  Is this something
that is done "outside" of DSpace, either using OpenSSL or something
similar, or postgreSQL, or from within DSpace?  Any information I can
get on this subject would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sue Walker-Thornton

Sue Walker-Thornton

ConITS Contract
NASA Langley Research Center
</></>Integrated Library Systems Application Administrator/DBA

130 Research Drive

Hampton, VA  23666

Office: (757) 224-4074
Fax:    (757) 224-4001