Naveed,

We're doing something similar, not using DSpace to store the video but
to store a "pointer" to the streaming server instead.  We use a RAM
formatted file, but SMIL would work the same.

Here's an example: http://www.kumc.edu/archie/handle/2271/192

Jason

--

Jason Stirnaman
OME/Biomedical & Digital Projects Librarian