Hi,

   Symlink DSpace project is stopped now.

   ad to Shane Beers reply -- it would be nice to have everything in
central repository. But DSpace doesn't support many features that is
needed for downloading big video files - all the things behind such as
load balancing, data flow optimalization etc. (it is usual that the
servers providing video files are overloaded from time to time, especially
when students download captured lessons at the end of the term before
exams :-)). That's why we have used the symbolic linking - all the things
for optimizing doesn't depend on anything in DSpace.

   However I can't say "there's no better way how to solve it". The
symlinking seemed to be the most elegant way at that time.

   That's all I would like to add :-)

   Vlastik