I haven't looked at the Manakin code, but the MIME media-type of a Bitstream
must be coming from its associated BitstreamFormat -- so why not get
the human-readable name from the BitstreamFormat as well?  There is no
need to establish a separate map of MIME-type to user-friendly name
when it already exists in teh BitstreamFormat registry.

  String friendly = bitstream.getFormat().getShortDescription();

One complication, or perhaps advantage, of using BSFs directly is that
some of them have the same MIME-type,  so getting the friendly name
from the BSF actually identifies the format more precisely -- e.g.
XML-based formats might all have the MIME-type "text/xml", but distinct
friendly names.  Thus, you should go to the Bitstream's BSF to get the
friendly name rather than attempt to use the BSF registry as a map,
because it might have multiple matches for one MIME-type.

    -- Larry