Jose,

It looks like you didn't rebuild everything properly. The error is
saying that it cannot find that new Java class.  Generally, you should
be doing the following:

(1) Place that file in
"dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/submit/step/".   Alternatively, if
you didn't have the 'dspace-api' source checked out, you could place it
in
"[dspace-src]/dspace/modules/xmlui/src/main/java/org/dspace/submit/step/"
(the latter path just adds the java code to the "overlay" for your XMLUI
ONLY!)

(2) Re-package via Maven:
mvn package

(3) Re-Install updated JAR/WAR to your installation location:
cd /dspace/target/dspace-1.5.0-build.dir/
ant update

(4) Copy over the updated item-submission.xml to your installation
directory (i.e. [dspace]/config/item-submission.xml)

(5) Restart Tomcat  (Don't forget to copy new WAR over to Tomcat
/webapps, before you restart.)

I hope that helps...

- Tim