Tim:

I'm getting a different error now:

2008-09-03 13:27:50,426 ERROR
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.SubmissionController @ Error loading step
class'org.dspace.submit.step.InitializationStep':
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:269)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
.java:1278)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
.java:1209)
        at
org.dspace.app.webui.submit.JSPStepManager.loadStep(JSPStepManager.java:
145)
        at org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.SubmissionC

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Donohue [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:29 PM
To: Blanco, Jose
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Removing the 1st step from submission.

Jose,

It looks like you didn't rebuild everything properly. The error is
saying that it cannot find that new Java class.  Generally, you should
be doing the following:

(1) Place that file in
"dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/submit/step/".   Alternatively, if
you didn't have the 'dspace-api' source checked out, you could place it
in
"[dspace-src]/dspace/modules/xmlui/src/main/java/org/dspace/submit/step/
"
(the latter path just adds the java code to the "overlay" for your XMLUI
ONLY!)

(2) Re-package via Maven:
mvn package

(3) Re-Install updated JAR/WAR to your installation location:
cd /dspace/target/dspace-1.5.0-build.dir/
ant update

(4) Copy over the updated item-submission.xml to your installation
directory (i.e. [dspace]/config/item-submission.xml)

(5) Restart Tomcat  (Don't forget to copy new WAR over to Tomcat
/webapps, before you restart.)

I hope that helps...

- Tim