Check if you are overriding Messages.properties. It looks as though
that key is missing and it is not getting handled gracefully.

You need to have the following present...

org.dspace.eperson.Subscribe.authors = Authors:

This new code and a couple other properties were newly added in
1.5.1. You'll need to make sure your Messages properties is synced
with the following version...

https://dspace.svn.sf.net/svnroot/dspace/tags/dspace-1_5_1/dspace-api/
src/main/resources/Messages.properties

I'm reposting to the list because I suspect this issue will cause
problems for others as well.

-Mark