On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Stuart Lewis <s...@aber.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Ilias,
>
> >  I am using the dspace import tool for batch ingesting in a Postgres
> > database and I am facing extremely slow feedback in each record
> commitment.
>

> The following paper talks about this, and how DSpace performs when
> ingesting
> 1 million items:
> http://www.dspace.org/images/stories/ist2008_paper_submitted1.pdf

The paper says that DSpace 1.4 was used with MySQL.  I presume that the
DSpace was locally modified to work with MySQL. Is there any chance of
contributing these changes to DSpace 1.5 please? I am really keen to use
DSpace with MySQL because this might enable me to put a DSpace repository on
my own web site (my webspace provider only supports MySQL, not postgres).

Andrew M.
http://www.andrewpetermarlow.co.uk