On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM, John Preston <byhisde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My use case involves running a number of DSpace instances in various
> departments, and collaborating entities that hold digital materials
> (text, image, video, spatial, etc). I need to have a central point for
> users to search across all these instances. Some of the instances may
> not be public.
>
> The Carrot2 software looks interesting from my perspective.
>
> Anyone think I'm going in the wrong direction?
>
> John

Why not have one DSpace with Manakin theming and individual-collection
policies on access? Seems to me that solves the problem, although it
may not be feasible if individual departments insist on owning their
entire DSpace.

If you're running the whole shebang, though, it seems workable, and
might even be less work than the alternatives.

Dorothea

--
Dorothea Salo                ds...@library.wisc.edu
Digital Repository Librarian      AIM: mindsatuw