Hello Jason,

the liftdate is computed based on the embargo terms and the setter used.
At the moment there is one default embargo setter:

org.dspace.embargo.DefaultEmbargoSetter

which assumes the basic use case of the term being a date.

Which setter plugin to use is configured in the dspace.cfg:

# implementation of embargo setter plugin - replace with local implementation if applicable plugin.single.org.dspace.embargo.EmbargoSetter = org.dspace.embargo.DefaultEmbargoSetter

In order to cover other use cases you got to write your own setter and use this instead of the default setter. You can do anything you like, for example using a set of timespans or depend the embargo time on the publication type. This is up to you.

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen