From: Claudia Jürgen [mailto:claudia.juer...@ub.tu-dortmund.de]
Sent: 08 October 2010 04:47 PM
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Migrate Collection into new sub community

Hello Lewatle,

via the DSpace UI it is only possible to move items.

You can achieve this on db level (usually warning about backup your db)
by changing community2collection and then run index-update.

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen

Am 08.10.2010 16:16, schrieb Lewatle Phaladi:
> Hi All
>

> Is that possible to migrate existing collection to new sub community in
> DSPace?
>
> Anyone who has done this or have idea please assist!
>

> Regards,
>
> Lewatle

> communication is intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you
> have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and
> destroy the original message. You may not copy or disseminate this
> communication without the permission of the University. Only authorized
> signatories are competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the
> University and recipients are thus advised that the content of this message
> may not be legally binding on the University and may contain the personal
> views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and
> opinions of The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements
> between the University and outsiders are subject to South African Law unless

> standards for HTML5, CSS3, SVG 1.1,  ECMAScript5, and DOM L2&  L3.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/beautyoftheweb

Claudia Juergen
Universitaetsbibliothek Dortmund
Eldorado
0231/755-4043
https://eldorado.tu-dortmund.de/

is intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the
original message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without
the permission of the University. Only authorized signatories are competent to
enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus
advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the
University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which
are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the
Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and
outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in