I reinstalled the handle-server, done the whole process again. This time I
also installed Uncomplicated Firewall (ufw) in my Debian Lenny, configured
the port number. Don't know whether this UFW done the trick but my
handle-server is now working. This link is good:
http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Handle_Server.

Sorry for the chaos. Thanks to all.

--
Altaf Mahmud