Hi All

Help appreciated. I get the following after deleting indexes and then trying to create them again. The script I run is attached. This used to work. We recently upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 and DSpace 1.6.2, but this script ran successfully after the upgrades. The problem has only occurred during the last week or so. I suspect that something trying to be indexed is throwing the error, some metadata field content.
Am I right ?

Creating new indexes... Please wait.
Exception: read past EOF
java.io.IOException: read past EOF
at org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.refill(BufferedIndexInput.java:146) at org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readByte(BufferedIndexInput.java:38)
     at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readInt(IndexInput.java:66)
     at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:207)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFileDeleter.<init>(IndexFileDeleter.java:168)
     at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.init(IndexWriter.java:722)
     at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:452)
     at org.dspace.search.DSIndexer.openIndex(DSIndexer.java:781)
     at org.dspace.search.DSIndexer.createIndex(DSIndexer.java:425)
     at org.dspace.search.DSIndexer.main(DSIndexer.java:539)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:212)

Thanks in advance.

hg

--
Hilton Gibson
Systems Administrator

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
#!/bin/bash

# Stop the services
echo "Stopping services... Please wait."
sudo service apache2 stop
sleep 10
sudo service tomcat6 stop

# Build the webapp
cd /home/dspace/dspace-1.6.2-src-release
echo "Start building packages... Please wait"
mvn package -U clean package
cd /home/dspace/dspace-1.6.2-src-release/dspace/target/dspace-1.6.2-build.dir
echo "Start ant compilation... Please wait"
ant -Doverwrite=true update clean_backups
sleep 3

# Delete the index
echo "Deleting indexes... Please wait."
/home/dspace/bin/dspace index -v -f -d

# Create new index tables
echo "Creating new indexes... Please wait."
/home/dspace/bin/dspace index-init

# Populate the indexes
echo "Populating new indexes... Please wait."
/home/dspace/bin/dspace index -v -i

# Start the services again
echo "Starting services... Please wait."
sudo service tomcat6 start
sleep 5
sudo service apache2 start

echo
echo "Remember to redeploy if there are changes to the default Tomcat ROOT
interface"
echo