Hi Karen,

> I'm upgrading our instance of Dspace from 1.3 to 1.7 and at the same time,
> migrating to a new server. I have the LDAP config information from the old
> config file (and have confirmed with our IT guy that it is still correct),
> but when I enter it on the new config file, I can't log in. Is there
> something I need to do to the server itself before it'll work? (I wasn't
> around when our live instance first went up). This is the last bit I need to
> get working.

If you look in your [dspace]/log/dspace.log-{datestamp} file, there should be
some information saying why the authentication failed.  This might give a clue
as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis
Digital Development Manager
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: +64 (0)9 373 7599 x81928