However maintains the LDAP at your site almost certainly controls who
can access it. If your new server has a different machine name or IP
address, their records may need to be updated.

There are also all manner of firewall issues that can occur, depending
on the configuration at your site.

cheers
stuart

On 04/02/11 04:46, Savage, Karen R. wrote:
> I'm upgrading our instance of Dspace from 1.3 to 1.7 and at the same time,
> migrating to a new server. I have the LDAP config information from the old
> config file (and have confirmed with our IT guy that it is still correct),
> but when I enter it on the new config file, I can't log in. Is there
> something I need to do to the server itself before it'll work? (I wasn't
> around when our live instance first went up). This is the last bit I need to
> get working.
>
> Running:
> RHEL 4.1
> Tomcat 6.0